Friends of the Earth have organised a public meeting in Harrogate on Fracking. The meeting will be entitled “The Frackers are Coming” and will feature 4 speakers and a Question & Answer session.
The meeting is on Wednesday 7th May at 7pm. The venue is the Quaker Meeting House, 12a Queen Parade, Harrogate, HG1 5PP.
For a recent article in the Socialist newspaper against fracking, please see the following link:
- Fracking will not create jobs – fracking sites can be remotely operated, meaning very few local workers will be employed
- Energy bills will not go down – the gas produced will still be sold on the open market
- Energy companies will still set the prices and charge whatever they need to in order to preserve their massive profit margins
- Fracking is a resource-intensive method of energy production – we need to develop sustainable and green energy sources
- Energy production and distribution should not be for profit – we need public ownership and democratic control of the Big Six energy companies and a socialist plan for energy production, distribution and pricing
Paul Viney is standing as an anti-fracking candidate in High Harrogate for the Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition (TUSC).
TUSC is opposed to fracking and supports action against climate change. All TUSC candidates are campaigning for the development of clean, green renewable energy sources and a future where sustainability comes before profit.
Would you like to help with Paul’s campaign in High Harrogate? For further information, please contact email@example.com
For information about TUSC nationally, visit: http://www.tusc.org.uk